- Here’s a tip.
Consider tipping your flight attendant. No one does and it might get you free drinks for the rest of your flight.
- Planes are dirty.
Blankets and pillows are get refolded and placed back in their storage bins.
- Lock all of your bags.
Also lock your carry-on. People are having to check bags due to size restrictions and overcrowding. If your bag doesn’t have a lock on it, anyone can get to your stuff.
- You really should put your oxygen mask on first.
You have about 15 minutes before you actually run out of oxygen. Which means the pilot has enough time to lower the planes altitude. At high altitudes you have between 15-20 seconds before you pass out.
- Lights dim during landing in case of emergency.
Lights dim during landing so that your eyes will already be adjusted to the darkness outside, if you need to evacuate the plane.
- Most flights are carrying human organs.
- Try to avoid flying with your pets.
Pets are exposed to lots of noise before their loaded into the plane.
- “Landing is nothing more than controlled crashing.”
Hard landings are typically intentional, especially if there’s water on the runway.
- The drinking water used for tea and coffee is filthy.
The holding tanks for the water are never cleaned.
- Don’t drink unbottled water on the plane.
The ports that purge water from the plane bathrooms and refill the aircraft with fresh water are within feet of each other.
- You may be flying with an inexperienced pilot.
If your pilot is a subcontractor, they’ll have less experience, training and get paid less.
- Pilots are given different food than passengers.
Pilots are given different meals than one another and can’t share in case of food poisoning.
- You can unlock air airplane bathroom from the outside.
There’s usually a locking mechanism underneath the no smoking sign.
- Go ahead and take a nap, your pilot probably is too.
1/2 of pilots fall asleep while of flying and 1/3 have woken up to find their partners asleep.
- The truth about turning off your phone.
A cell phone won’t take down the plane, but the sound of signal interference will distract the pilot while the plane is landing.
- Those are used headphones.
The headphones you can get on a flight are taken off the plan after use, “cleaned” and then repackaged.
Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers